Here is a wonderful excerpt that has been passed round and round from one dog lover to other. I received it by email again this morning. I enjoy reading it over and over and so thought I’d share it with all the dog lovers who still haven’t received this.
If a Dog were Your Teacher, You Would Learn Things Like…
- When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
- Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
- Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
- Take naps.
- Stretch before rising.
- Run, romp, and play daily.
- Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
- Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
- On warm days, stop to lie on your back in the grass.
- On hot days, drink lots of water and lie in the shade of a tree.
- When you are happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
- Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
- No matter how often you’re scolded, don’t buy into the guilt thing and pout… run right back and make friends.
- Be loyal.
- Never pretend to be something you are not.
- When it’s in your best interest, practice obedience.
- If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
- When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close, and nuzzle them gently.