In a world in which authority is valued over authentic leadership, I believe we have a lot to learn from the man who fought for a nation with his mind alone.
Gandhiji’s philosophy was not purely based on theory; instead he lived by rules of pragmatism. He practiced what he preached every day of his life.
What an inspiring, authentic way to live!
On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, it’s good to re-visit some of his most inspiring quotes.
- “Be the change that you want to see in the world.”
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
- “An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.”
- “A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks he becomes.”
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.”
- “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”
- “An ounce of patience is worth more than a ton of preaching.”
- “Change yourself – you are in control.”
- “See the good in people and help them.”
- “Without action, you aren’t going anywhere.”
- “Take care of this moment.”
- “Be congruent, be authentic, be your true self.”
- “Continue to grow and evolve.”
- “A no uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ uttered merely to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.”
- “Glory lies in the attempt to reach one’s goal and not in reaching it.”
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
- “A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.”
- “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
- “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”