Stress really needs to be avoided to lead a healthy life. Here are 27 Tips to Effectively Manage Everyday Stress.
1. Always take some time for yourself, at least 30 minutes per day.
2. Be aware of your own stress meter so that you know when to step back and cool down.
3. Concentrate on controlling your own situation, without controlling everybody else.
4. Daily exercise will help you to burn off the stress chemicals.
5. Eat lots of fresh fruit, veggies, bread and water; give your body the best for it to perform at its best.
6. Forgive others, don’t hold grudges and be tolerant — not everyone is as capable as you.
7. Gain perspective on things, how important is the issue?
8. Hugs, kisses and laughter: Have fun and don’t be afraid to share your feelings with others.
9. Identify stressors and plan to deal with them better next time.
10. Judge your own performance realistically; don’t set goals out of your own reach.
11. Keep a positive attitude, your outlook will influence outcomes and the way others treat you.
12. Limit alcohol, drugs and other stimulants, they affect your perception and behavior.
13. Manage money well, seek advice and save at least 10 per cent of what you earn.
14. No is a word you need to learn to use without feeling guilty.
15. Outdoor activities alone, or with friends and family, can be a great way to relax.
16. Play your favorite music rather than watching television.
17. Quit smoking: It is stressing your body daily, not to mention killing you too.
18. Relationships: Nurture and enjoy them, learn to listen more and talk less.
19. Sleep well, with a firm mattress and a supportive pillow; don’t overheat yourself and allow plenty of ventilation.
20. Treat yourself once a week with a massage, dinner out, the movies: Moderation is the key.
21. Understand things from the other person’s point of view.
22. Verify information from the source before exploding.
23. Worry less; it really does not get things completed better or quicker.
24. Express: Make a regular retreat to your favorite space, make holidays a part of your yearly plan and budget.
25. Yearly goal setting: Plan what you want to achieve based on your priorities in your career, relationships, etc.
26. Have a zest for life: Each day is a gift; smile and be thankful that you are a part of the bigger picture.
27. Keep an attitude of gratitude: Thank people around you for the good work they are doing.