I received this in my email and really enjoyed some of them. They are totally hilarious.
This is a collection of leave letters and applications written by people in various places of India.
1. Infosys, Bangalore: An employee applied for leave as follows:
Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife, please sanction me one-week leave.
2. This is from Oracle Bangalore:
From an employee who was performing the “mundan” ceremony of his 10 year old son:
“as I want to shave my son’s head, please leave me for two days..”
3. Another gem from CDAC. Leave-letter from an employee who was performing his daughter’s wedding:
“as I am marrying my daughter, please grant a week’s leave..”
4. From H.A.L. Administration dept:
“As my mother-in-law has expired and I am only one responsible for it, please grant me 10 days leave.”
5. Another employee applied for half day leave as follows:
“Since I’ve to go to the cremation ground at 10 o-clock and I may not return, please grant me half day casual leave”
6. An incident of a leave letter
“I am suffering from fever, please declare one day holiday.”
7. A leave letter to the headmaster:
“As I am studying in this school I am suffering from headache. I request you to leave me today”
8. Another leave letter written to the headmaster:
“As my headache is paining, please grant me leave for the day.”
9. Covering note:
“I am enclosed herewith…”
10. Another one:
“Dear Sir: with reference to the above, please refer to my below…”
11. Actual letter written for application of leave:
“My wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her only husband at home I may be granted leave”.
12. Letter writing: –
“I am in well here and hope you are also in the same well.”
13. A candidate’s job application:
“This has reference to your advertisement calling for a ‘ Typist and an Accountant – Male or Female’… As I am both (!!! ) for the past several years and I can handle both with good experience, I am applying for the post